Sunday 9 December 2012

Final Assignment : Batik

For our 2D Design final assignment, it was a group project. A batik project that consists of four members in a group. For this project I worked together with Chi Yan, Jowin and Carmen. We decided on an Alice in Wonderland theme.

This is my final sketch. I'm in charge of doing the top blouse for Alice.


The class and batik-making was conducted in the batik factory in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, Jadi Batek.


Witnessing the workers there making batik live and listening to the explanations.

Materials for batik drawing

The hot wax used for drawing the batik patterns






They prepared an outline of a drawing for us, but our class did not make use of it as we had to draw the sketches we had to fulfil the project requirement.

Range of colors

fabric dyes

Sketched out the sketch I had on my portion of the fabric

This was my final





The four of our batik. Top left : Chi Yan's. Bottom left : Mine. Top right : Jowin's. Bottom right : Carmen's.



I compiled the four of our batik together. Its 'Alice'.

And this was the final final. Washed and packaged by Jadi Batek.



No comments:

Post a Comment