Sunday 30 September 2012

Activity : Trial printing

Friday, 28th September. A trial run on stencil printing was done.


Ms Lisa showing the techniques on cutting stencils out from an acetate.

The anchor was the one I chose, and have printed a few extras one just in case I make a mistake


After much thinking I've decided to play with positive and negative spaces in creating the shape of an anchor.

The green part is the spaces I chose to cut out and to be applied with colour to have a contrast with the uncoloured region.

A grey and purple colour combination test.

I've decided to make a trial cutting on acetate which I got from Shook Leng (thanks shookie!)



Succeeded on my first try!


This time I opted for a nautical colour combination, which enhances the whole sailor-anchor effect. The colours are obviously the classics..red and blue.


Printing time! I've used scrap fabric here and since I have no fabric paint I resorted to poster paints.


Not a bad job though, but it could be better. So far I've been rather pleased. Am looking forward to the next class where we could be printing on any objects of our choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment