Sunday 30 September 2012

Assessment : Creating a monogram

Lecture on Logos and Monograms on the 21st of September.


The class were then told to create a monogram for ourselves. We had to come up with at least 10 of them. These were pictures of my progress.

Its good to have maggi during in class assessments :p



These are all that I've created at the point of time. My designs on the monograms are basically inspired by shapes or designs that existed but I incorporate my initials in the design itself. For me, I like to bring a certain thing to have a much more personal connection to me. As to the designs I've chose such as the diamond, hearts, anchor, infinity symbol, cherry.. they all have a personal significant to me and they mark a journey of my life in different points of time. So I thought it would be nice to have your initials within a "story". 

These are the ones that Ms Lisa chose out of the lot :


 The anchor



The kite.

Although the "kite" has a better potential in creating a monogram but I chose to work on the "anchor" because of the "story" behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment