Monday 3 September 2012

Inspiration x Project : PARIS; Map for solo travellers






Coming across this map for solo travellers suddenly gave me an idea of creating my own too. Since I come from Johor Bahru and is a sucker for solo travelling, I guess its a good idea to create my own and through it I could introduce Johor Bahru in my own style to the others.

This would be my own personal 2D project (that involves lots of photograph taking (yay!), research and travelling) and hopefully I can come up with it before the 2nd semester ends. #projectJB

Description of the product from the website (buy it here) :


In this map we select 32 things to do in the city of light, none of which involve sharing a bottle of wine, eating bread and cheese on the banks of the Seine, or wandering arm in arm with your loved one. In fact, loved ones do not figure at all, this is a guide for the solo traveler and our suggestions are all best enjoyed on your own – although incurable romantics may wish to bring their partners too, we won't kick up a fuss.
Among the highlights: a taxidermist extraordinaire, mint tea at the Grand Mosque, found photographs at Images & Portraits, along with places to eat, swim, drink, buy vintage erotica and enjoy a solitary ice cream. In short, everything the intrepid visitor might require.
The map is illustrated by Lord Dunsby. It is A3 (297x420mm) folded to A6 (105x148mm), and litho printed on recycled paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment